PCFA Nurses Education Award 2012
Intention of the award
The aim of the award is to provide registered nurses from across Australia with the opportunity to advance their knowledge and skills in the field of prostate cancer nursing, by providing financial assistance to enrol in a post-graduate education program with a focus on prostate cancer nursing. It is envisaged that this will aid increasing the nurses knowledge and exposure to best practice management and support of men with prostate cancer, ultimately improving the quality of care provided to these men.
The award for $12,600 is the total award for distribution as follows:
• Awards of up to $4,200 will be made to successful applicants.
• Applicants need to provide evidence of support to undertake study from their line manager.
• Applicants need to provide evidence of their chosen post graduate study program along with their application.
• The successful applicants are required to provide feedback to the PCFA within 4 weeks of final results for the completed program, in the form of a written report which in turn may be published on the PCFA website and / or newsletter. The report will provide a synopsis of the educational program undertaken along with any key messages learnt.
• The program of study must commence in financial year 2012/13
• Monies will be forwarded by cheque to the successful applicants upon receipt of confirmation of enrolment of their chosen course and course fee invoice.
• Award opens for application 5th October 2012
• Closes to application 30th November 2012
• Applicants notified of outcome 15th December 2012
• Please download the application form here and email to Julie Sykes, Director of Nursing at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applications close 30th November 2012.
• Late applications will not be accepted.
• Applications must be made using the correct application form otherwise they will be considered invalid.
• All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application within 4 weeks of the closing date and the successful applicants will also be posted on the PCFA website.
Applicants are advised to seek their own taxation advice regarding the income tax/fringe benefits tax and its effect on any funding they receive from PCFA.
Selection for the grant will be made according to demonstration of the following criteria:
• Australian citizenship or permanent residency status
• Registered Nurse with current nursing registration in any state or territory of Australia
• Have a minimum of two years’ experience in the nursing profession since initial registration
• Employed in a nursing position caring for men with prostate cancer (this may include clinical, health promotion, research or education settings and inclusive of the private and public sectors)
• Outline 3 objectives which describe the relevance of the chosen education program to the applicant’s practice, how it will contribute to improving the management and support of men with prostate cancer in the nurses’ work setting and how to this knowledge will be disseminated locally.
Please include Curriculum Vitae in your application together with your letter of application.