Chambers, S. (2013). Facing the tiger – a guide for men with prostate cancer and the people who love them. Toowong: Australian Academic Press
Madjar, I. (2008), What women and their men need to know about prostate cancer.
Cancer Council Australia (2010), Localised Prostate Cancer – a guide for men and their families.
Other booklets in this localised prostate cancer series on:
- Diagnosis: Your diagnosis explained
- Side effects: The side effects of treatment for localised prostate cancer with tips on how to cope
- Wellbeing: How to deal with the practicalities of living with localised prostate cancer.
- American Cancer Society. (2012). Prostate cancer http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003134-pdf.pdf
- Australian Cancer Network Management of Metastatic Prostate Cancer Working Party. (2010). Clinical practice guidelines for the management of locally advanced and metastatic prostate cancer. Sydney: Cancer Council Australia and Australian Cancer Network.
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. (2012). Cancer in Australia: an overview, 2012. Cancer series no. 74. Cat. no. CAN 70. Canberra: AIHW.
- Bolla, M., Van Tienhoven, G., Warde, P., Dubois, J., Mirimanoff, R., Storme, G., . . . Billiet, I. (2010). External irradiation with or without long-term androgen suppression for prostate cancer with high metastatic risk: 10-year results of an EORTC randomised study. Lancet Oncology, 11(11), 1066 - 1073.
- Bolla, M., & Laramas, M. (2012). Combined hormone therapy and radiation therapy for locally advanced prostate cancer. Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology, 84(Supplement 1), e30-e34.
- Cancer Council Australia (2010). Localised prostate cancer – a guide for men and their families.
- Cassileth, B., Gubili, J., & Yeung, K. (2009). Integrative medicine: complementary therapies and supplements. Nature Reviews Urology, 6(4), 228-233.
- Chapman, S., Barratt, A., & Stockler, M. (2010). Let sleeping dogs lie? What men should know before getting tested for prostate cancer. Sydney: Sydney University Press.
- Denham, J., Steigler, A., Lamb, D., Joseph, D., Turner, S., Matthews, J., . . . Spry, N. (2011). Short-term neoadjuvant androgen deprivation and radiotherapy for locally advanced prostate cancer: 10-year data from the TROG 96.01 randomised trial. Lancet Oncology, 12(5), 451 - 459.
- Duchesne, G. (2011). Localised prostate cancer - Current treatment options. Australian Family Physician, 40(10), 768-771.
- Gillatt, D., Klotz, L., Lawton, C., Miller, K., & Payne, H. (2007). Localised and locally advanced prostate cancer: Who to treat and how? European Urology Supplements, 6(3), 334-343.
- Gray, P. J., & Shipley, W. U. (2012). The importance of combined radiation and endocrine therapy in locally advanced prostate cancer. Asian Journal of Andrology, 14(2), 245-246.
- Hotston, M., Thurairaja, R., & Persad, R. (2007). Is there an optimal treatment regime for prostate cancer in young men? European Genito-Urinary Disease. Issue 1, 28-31.
- Kirby, R. S., Partin, A. W., Parsons, J. K., & Feneley, M. R. (Eds.). (2008). Treatment Methods for Early and Advanced Prostate Cancer. London: Informa Healthcare.
- Meade, B. J. (2010). So you have prostate cancer too! Melbourne: Michelle Anderson Publishing.
- National Health & Medical Research Council. (2003). Clinical Practice Guidelines: Evidence– based information and recommendations for the management of localised prostate cancer. Canberra.
- Satoh, T., Ishiyama, H., Matsumoto, K., Tsumura, H., Kitano, M., Hayakawa, K., ... Baba, S. (2009). Prostate-specific antigen ‘bounce’ after permanent 125I-implant brachytherapy in Japanese men: a multi-institutional pooled analysis. BJU International, 103(8), 1064-1068.
- Soulié, M. (2008). What is the Role of Surgery for Locally Advanced Disease? European Urology Supplements, 7(5), 400-405.
- Yaxley, J., Yaxley, J., Gardiner, R., & Yaxley, W. (2013). Prostate cancer - Active surveillance as a management option. Australian Family Physician, 42(1/2), 74-76.