Chambers, S. (2013). Facing the tiger – a guide for men with prostate cancer and the people who love them. Toowong: Australian Academic Press
Madjar, I. (2008), What women and their men need to know about prostate cancer.
Cancer Council Australia (2010), Localised Prostate Cancer – a guide for men and their families.
Other booklets in this localised prostate cancer series on:
- Diagnosis: Your diagnosis explained
- Treatment: The range of treatment options available to you
- Side effects: The side effects of treatment for localised prostate cancer with tips on how to cope.
- Cancer Council NSW. (2009). Sexuality, intimacy and cancer – a guide for people with cancer, their families and friends.
- Cancer Council NSW. (2011). Understanding prostate cancer – a guide for men with cancer, their families and friends.
- Cancer Council Queensland. (2011). Coping with a diagnosis of prostate cancer – a guide for patients, their families and friends.
- Galbraith, M.E., Fink, R., & Wilkins G.G. (2011). Couples surviving prostate cancer: challenges in their lives and relationships. Seminars in Oncology Nursing. 27(4), 300-308.
- Hotston, M., Thurairaja, R., & Persad, R. (2007). Is there an optimal treatment regime for prostate cancer in young men? European Genito-Urinary Disease, (1), 28-31.
- Kim, J., Ebertowski, J., Janiga, M., Arzola, J., Gillespie, G., Fountain, M., Boyd, D.D. (2013). Many young men with prostate-specific antigen (PSA) screen-detected prostate cancers may be candidates for active surveillance. BJU International, n/a-n/a. doi: 10.1111/j.1464- 410X.2012.11768.x
- Lin, D.W., Porter, M., & Montgomery, B. (2009). Treatment and survival outcomes in young men diagnosed with prostate cancer: a population based cohort study. Cancer, 115(13), 2863–2871.
- Mitra, A. (2006). How to find happiness: By beating depression. Alego Publishers: Sydney
- National Cancer Institute. (2011). Support for people with cancer – taking time. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Parker, P.M., Rice, K.R., Sterbis, J.R., Chen, Y., Cullen, J., McLeod, D.G., & Brassell, S.A. (2011). Prostate cancer in men less than the age of 50: a comparison of race and outcomes. Urology, 78(1), 110-115.
- Sidana, A., Hernandez, D., Feng, Z., Partin, A., Trock, B., Saha, S., & Epstein, J. (2011). Treatment decision-making for localized prostate cancer: What younger men choose and why. International Brazilian Journal of Urology, 37(3), 406-407.
- Ussher, J., Butow, P., Wain, G., Hobbs, K., Smith, K., Stenlake, A., Kirsten, L., & Sandoval, M. (2005). Research into the relationship between type of organisation and effectiveness of support groups for people with cancer and their carers. Sydney: Cancer Council NSW.