PCFA is looking for a Director, Support Network to be based in our Sydney National Office
PCFA is looking for a Director, Support Network to be based in our Sydney National Office. Together with the Support Network, you will be at the forefront strengthening and growing the Support Network and the PCFA brand. Passionate about making a true difference to the lives of people in the community, you will be a valuable addition to PCFA's executive team.
Would you like to:
- Drive the capability development of the Support Network?
- Engage with Support group members and leaders to research new initiatives in education and survivorship programs for the Network
- Enable PCFA’s Support Network to grow and achieve greater success
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director Support Network:
- Provides leadership to a team of paid staff and volunteers to achieve positive outcomes for the Support Network
- Undertakes secretariat services and support to the National Support Groups Committee (NSGC)
- Identifies key priorities of the Support Network to align with the NSGC Charter
- Establishes new support groups for core target audiences such as gay and bisexual men affected by prostate cancer, younger men, partners and carers, CALD and ATSI communities.
- Develops priority actions for disengaged support groups
- Involves support network members in research, education, survivorship and other programs
- Complements the use of traditional and social media to facilitate effective information sharing between the Support Network and the NSGC and other bodies
- Oversees all resources including all collateral and training resources used by the Support Network
- Ensures standardisation of systems and processes
- Nurtures positive working relationships with the NSGC, Support Network partnerships and affiliations and State based Cancer Councils
- Builds capabilities of the Network to increase support group effectiveness
- Prepares annual budgets for the Support Network in line with specific objectives
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in an executive role working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Proven track record in leading teams to achieve goals
- Demonstrated capacity in stakeholder engagement
- Experience in liaising with people at all levels, including senior executives and Board Members
- Conflict management experience
- Superior networking ability and experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgetary, financial , reporting and data record systems
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Experience with program development and coordination
- Demonstrated success in project management
- Ability to be a comfortable communicator across the organisation
- Demonstrated collaborative and creative problem solver
- Demonstrated strategic and operational savvy
- Enthusiasm to travel nationally on a regular basis
If this sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you.
What’s on offer
- Be a key player in raising the profile of men’s health
- Join a team of committed and passionate professionals at PCFA
- Competitive salary including salary packaging
To apply, please send your cover letter addressing the selection criteria, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to apply via seek.com.au.
Applications close Friday 9 August 2013.
You must be an Australian Permanent Resident to apply for this role as we are not in a position to facilitate sponsorships.
PCFA provides, through a dedicated team of staff and volunteers, quality service and credible information with Integrity, Optimism, Compassion, Respect and Commitment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.
PCFA is a member of Pride in Diversity.