The support group was formed in March 2002 to serve the Clarence Valley area. It is affiliated with the PCFA.
The Clarence Valley Support group aims to:
- Provide support for prostate cancer sufferers, their families and friends
- Provide information about treatments and outcomes for members, families and supporters
- Assist people in coping with their illness
- Provide an opportunity for socialising; and
- Lobby for additional research, testing and awareness campaigns.
Each year we have a social activity with a Christmas dinner.
The group meets at 10.00am on the 1st Wednesday of each month (Feb - Nov) at the South Grafton Services Club, Wharf Street, South Grafton 2460.
Anyone who has experienced prostate cancer is welcome, whether they are newly diagnosed or have had the diagnosis years ago.
There is $5 membership charge and casual attendees are charged $2 for a cup of tea or coffee.
Parking is available at no cost opposite the club. There is wheel chair access.
Meetings involve guest speakers and member discussion and usually attract about 15 people.
The group has a library of books and DVDs that can be borrowed.
Location of Meeting
South Grafton Services Club
South Grafton 2460
Klaus Hendricksen Convenor
0427 044 445
Rodney Eggins Treasurer
02 6649 3919