Chambers, S. (2013). Facing the tiger – a guide for men with prostate cancer andthe people who love them. Toowong: Australian Academic Press
Madjar, I. (2008), What women and their men need to know about prostate cancer.
Cancer Council Australia (2010), Localised Prostate Cancer – a guide for men and their families.
Other booklets in this localised prostate cancer series on:
- Treatment: The range of treatment options available to you
- Side effects: The side effects of treatment for localised prostate cancer with tips on how to cope
- Wellbeing: How to deal with the practicalities of living with localised prostate cancer
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. (2012). Cancer in Australia: an overview, 2012.
- Cancer series no. 74. Cat. no. CAN 70. Canberra: AIHW.
- Cancer Council Australia. (2009). Localised prostate cancer – a guide for men and their families.
- Cancer Council Australia (2010). Advanced prostate cancer – a guide for men and their families.
- Department of Health. (2012). Multidisciplinary cancer care – Literature review. Melbourne: State Government of Victoria.
- Chapman, S., Barratt, A., & Stockler, M. (2010). Let sleeping dogs lie? What men should know before getting tested for prostate cancer. Sydney: Sydney University Press.
- Crawford, E. D., Rove, K. O., Trabulsi, E. J., Qian, J., Drewnowska, K. P., Kaminetsky, J. C., Huisman, T.K., Bilwus, M. L., Freedman, S. J., Glover, W. L., & Bostwick, D. G. (2012). Diagnostic performance of PCA3 to detect prostate cancer in men with increased prostate specific antigen: a prospective study of 1,962 cases. The Journal of Urology, 188(5), 1726-1731.
- Kirby, R. S., Partin, A. W., Parsons, J. K., & Feneley, M. R. (Eds.). (2008). Treatment Methods for Early and Advanced Prostate Cancer. London: Informa Healthcare.
- Loeb, S., & Catalona, W. J. (2008). What to do with an abnormal PSA test. The Oncologist, 13(3), 299-305.
- Nichol, M. B., Wu, J., Huang, J., Denham, D., Frencher, S. K., & Jacobsen, S. J. (2012). Cost-effectiveness of Prostate Health Index for prostate cancer detection. BJU International, 110(3), 353-362.