Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA) is proudly bringing our Community Conversations forum to Sydney, providing an opportunity to discuss the latest research and management of prostate cancer.
This free interactive forum will include
- A straightforward overview of the current treatment options for patients
- The latest developments from PCFA-funded research leading the way to improve management of prostate cancer
- Recommendations that may assist in managing the side effects of prostate cancer treatments
- Q&A session with health professionals on managing the day-to-day challenges of living with prostate cancer
- Personal stories shared by those who have experienced prostate cancer
Julie McCrossin talks to people for a living. After 20 years as a broadcaster with ABC Radio National, ABC TV and Network Ten, she is now a freelance journalist and facilitator.
Note: additional speakers to be announced soon
Professor Suzanne Chambers AO
is a health psychologist and registered nurse with 30 years of experience in psychological support for people with cancer. She is a behavioural science researcher specialising in the fields of psycho-oncology and cancer survivorship.
Associate Professor Louise Emmett
is a nuclear medicine physician at St Vincent's Public Hospital and a researcher at University of New South Wales. She is heavily involved in multidisciplinary prostate cancer research in imaging and therapy, including GaPSMA PET and LuPSMA trials.
is a Prostate Cancer Specialist Nurse at St George Public Hospital bringing 30 years of oncology experience across many types of treatment. Her role includes providing care and support to men on all treatment types for prostate cancer with a main interest in those with advanced prostate cancer.